25 de jan. de 2012

whatever planet

Kurt Cobain said he always felt like he was an alien dropped off on this planet by mistake. And I definitely can relate to that. So often I feel like I can't stand people and want to go live in a cave somewhere. But then I also really care about people, too, you know? And crave human contact...so it's confusing. I do want to be a part of the world. But sometimes I don't know how. Or, yeah, I feel like an alien. But, as I've gotten older, and stayed sober longer, it has definitely gotten better. Like, slowly I've figured out who I am and what I want and don't want and I'm able to be more true to myself. It's annoying, I know, that I always say this, but the truth is, I just have to hold on. If I hold on through the bad times and believe, it will, ultimately, always, get better. I will find my place and my meaning. It will come. Not through other people or substances or anything. It will come from within me.

Nenhum comentário: